Dot Adult and dot Sex have been applied for by the ICM Registry.Yahoo! also decided to apply for two gTLDs : .YAHOO and .FLICKR .
Here are the most wanted new gTLDs :
.APP - 13 applications
.Home - 11 applications
.INC - 11 applications
.ART - 10 applications
.SHOP - 10 applications
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) ,revealed that it has received a total of 1930 new gTLD applications after refunds. 1846 out of the 1930 applications are "standard" applications while 84 are designated as "community-based".
Moreover, 116 applications are IDNs (Internationalized Domain Names) and 66 have designated themselves as geographic name applications.
The 1930 new gTLD applications were received from 60 countries :
- 911 gTLD applications came from North America
- 675 applications came from Europe
- 303 applications came from the Asia-Pacific region
- 24 came from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 17 applications came from Africa
You can see the full list of new gTLDs here .